I've Been Drankin'... Apple Cider Vinegar
If you've been following me on Instagram story for the past few months, I'm sure you've see my obsession with drinking Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) in the morning. I even take it with me to travel.
The buzz on ACV isn't new. In fact, I had a short stint of taking this in the morning about 5 years ago, but it didn't stick. My intentions of taking it back then was for weight loss, and I know now that actions with the purpose of losing weight never works.
Now that I've been on this regimen for about 3 months, I notice a difference in my body, mostly in my digestion.
- Less bloat
- Regularity (yep, poop)
- Reduced hunger
- Glowing skin!
- Balances pH in gut - which means better nutrient absorption
- Anti-bacterial properties - Who knows what goes on in that stomach with all the junk we eat today
- Nutrients - acetic acid (anti-bacterial), potassium (electrolyte), magnesium (electrolyte) and probiotics
Here's my daily morning elixir recipe. Note that I boosted mine with some extras. I also don't use honey anymore, but it was helpful in getting used to the taste.
An important note on ingredients - I tend to consume mostly organic everything. If you can't for whatever reason, I ask that you at least get raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. It'll have the "mother," a collection of web-like strands, that contains the beneficial bacteria and enzymes.
- Turmeric - Anti-inflammatory properties, antioxidant.
- WARNING: Turmeric will stain porcelain which includes any porcelain teeth you might have! Avoid by drinking with straw if you feel nimble or opt out and just take turmeric pills.
- Cayenne - Helps digestion, reduces bloating, increases blood circulation (great way to wake your body up!)
- Lemon juice - Honestly, I just like the taste of the elixir better with it :). But lemon juice has vitamin C!