15-min Dairy-Free Homemade Pancakes🥞
I woke up this morning with my body screaming, "PANCAKES!!!!" So, I made her pancakes.
Since I spent my entire day out and dining at restaurants for all my meals yesterday, I wanted to make them at home.
I'm no cook, but I am severely impatient, so I came up with this quick recipe after Googling a few normal, vegan, gluten-free, etc. pancake recipes. It took me ~15 minutes from start to finish to make these.
- ½ cup all-purpose flour + 1/2 cup spelt flour
You can use any combination of all-purpose, spelt or oat flour as long as it yields 1 full cup.
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, room temperature preferred (or any nut or dairy milk)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature preferred
- 1½ tbsp melted coconut oil (or butter) and more for cooking
- 2 Mixing bowls - 1 for dry ingredients, 1 for wet
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Griddle or Skillet
- Saucepan or Microwave to melt coconut oil
- Combine all dry ingredients in one mixing bowl. Use fork to mix well and break apart brown sugar. Create a well in the middle.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Then whisk in milk.
- Whisk in melted coconut oil. Combine well.
If your milk and eggs are not room temperature, be sure to whisk in the melted coconut oil quickly as it will solidify once it hits cold liquid. The coconut oil will be lumpy, so whisking fast will help to break them into smaller particles.
- Add all wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients and combine just enough. Your batter should still have lumps.
If you want to add blueberries or chocolate chips, this would be the time you add them.
- Heat up your skillet or griddle with coconut oil over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the batter ¼-cup at a time. Let it cook until you see bubbles forming on the surface and edges rise. Flip the pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.
My favorite toppings:
- Pure maple syrup
- Homemade chia seed jam
- Warm coconut butter
- Cacao nibs + walnuts + Greek yogurt
- If you want to make it egg-free, combine 2 tbsp of flax meal with 5 tbsp water. Let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken and add into wet ingredient mix.