If you’ve watched my Instagram stories, you would’ve seen that my love for adaptogens is truly unwavering. They are a part of my daily diet that help to conquer my chronic 3:00pm slumps. (Read more about that here.)
When I work from home, I make the workday experience in my “home office” (as in the desk that's pushed up against one of the 4 walls of my open-space living-kitchen-dining area) extra special by making myself a café-inspired beverage.
Cue: Adaptogen Latte!
Adaptogen Latte Recipe
- 1-2 tsp Adaptogen blend
I created my own from ones I bought from Sun Potion:
- ¼ tsp Ashwagandha
- ¼ tsp Cordyceps
- ¼ tsp Chaga
- ¼ tsp Rhodiola
- 10 oz. Almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- ½ tbsp MCT oil (optional, gives nice creaminess)
- ½ tbsp Coconut oil (optional, gives nice creaminess)
- ½ scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides (optional, added as a booster)
- Touch of raw, unfiltered honey (optional, for added sweetness)
- 1 large mug
- Measuring spoons + cup
- Whisk or hand frother
- Warm milk on stove top or microwave.
- Combine warmed milk, adaptogen blend, MCT oil and Coconut oil in a large mug.
- Whisk or use a hand frother to blend ingredients together.
Obviously, a frother is not necessary, but I personally like how blends drinks. I found mine on Amazon for less than $10.
- Your adaptogen blend can include whatever adaptogens you want. I just happen to own singular adaptogens rather than blends at the moment. Feel free to use a pre-blended adaptogen mix in this recipe (like from Moon Deli, Moon Juice or Four Sigmatic).
- You can also use this same recipe for matcha lattes, too! Just replace the adaptogen blend portion with 2 tsp of quality matcha powder. I get mine from Mizuba Tea Co.
- I spike a lot of my homemade warm latte recipes with MCT and coconut oils (healthy fats). I like how they add creaminess to my beverages while giving me a more well-rounded set of MCTs. If you want to learn more about the benefits of these, you can check out this article that breaks them down.
Cheers to adaptogens!